What am I reading in 2016? I decided to create a list of books to read each week that will be fun, beneficial to me as an author, a business woman, and catch up on some of my favorite authors and read some new authors of interest that I had the pleasure to interview.
I figured I create categories lists that I can add my books of interest to and I am excited about this list.
- Finance & Wealth
- Small Business & Marketing
- Spiritual growth
- New authors
- Favorite authors
I finished reading Patrice Washingtons Real Money Answers For Every Woman and it was truly a great read with a wealth of information, knowledge, testimony, exercises, and questions that you can think about, implement, and practice. It all starts with changing your mindset so that you change your practices and view about money and wealth.
Here is half of my list for 2016 and yes a few rolled over from 2015 that I didn’t get to since I am writing across platforms. This year will be better managing of my time for writing for myself and reading. As a writer and new author, I find that reading is important. It aids in the creativity of the writer and allows you to enjoy the stories of your favorite authors, new authors, and writers who have influeced you.
- Pastor’s Husband by Tiffany L. Warren (Currently reading)
- Jezebel’s by Jacqueline Thomas
- Jezebel’s Daughter by Jacqueline Thomas
- Mama’s Boy by Reshonda Tate Billingsley
- Captured By Terri Haynes
- Ruth’s Awaekening: A Love Story by Felicia Malone
- Secret Places by Vivian Kay
- The Truth about Awiti by Christine Patrick
- Playing For Keeps by Deborah Mello
- Dr. Feelgood by Christian Keyes
- The Chronicles of Epiphany Jones by Kimberly R. Jasper
- Paradise Dreams by J.L. Turner
- Be Careful What You Pray For by Kimberly Lawson Roby
- Grand Opening: A Family Business by Carl Weber
- The Miseducation of the Negro by Carter Godwin Woodson
- Pink Lips & Empty Hearts by Heathery Lindsey
- The Wait by Megan Good & Devon Franklin
- No More Mr. Nice Guy by Carl Weber
- God Where is my Boaz by Stephan Labossiere
- The Perfect Affair by Lutisha Lovely
- Tell me Lies by Michelle Lindo Rice
- Scarlett Sinner by Brenda Barret
Now where would I be if I didn’t mention the business novels that I am reading that will truly be beneficial and an added value to my business.
- Outlining Your Novel from Start to Finish by K.M. Weiland
- Blogging for Writers & Authors by Robin Houghton
- How to Market a Book By Joanne Penn
- The Little Big Small Business Book by Friam
- Online Marketing for Small business by Julia Doherty
- Secrets of Millionaire Minds by T.Harv Eker
- Smart Women Finish Rich by David Bach
I have more to add especially from some of my favorite authors like Brenda Jackson, Terry McMillian, and many of the new author’s that I have discovered through my author’s showcase on Sistah’s Place Entertainment blog. Look for part II of what I am reading in 2016. What’s on your list?